No booking fees!
FREE cancellation in most cases!
We have the pleasure to introduce you the High Mountain Sports Complex Belmeken, built on the plateau where the ranges of the Rhodopes and the Rila mountains meet, situated 2050 m above the sea level in the neighborhood with the Rila National Park and the Belmeken dam. HMSC Belmeken is world famous for its ecological environment and picturesque surroundings. The unique nature, altitude and the services offered are the prerequisites HMSC Belmeken has only one analogue in Europe – Sierra Nevada High Altitude Training Centre. HMSC Belmeken is preferred place for preparation of sportsmen from all over the world - Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Norway, Japan, Australia etc.
The nearest settlement is Velingrad town. The transport realizes by own cars only or by hotel’s buses.The distance between HMSC Belmeken and Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria is 140 km only. The roads are well-established.
Distance to center:
Distance to airport: 130km to Sofia Airport
Distance to bus station: 10km
Distance to railway station: 10km
HMSC Belmeken was built in 1968, but in the period from 2003 till 2005was carried out modernization and reconstruction of the complex.
The complex is used all the year round and has its own parking for 50 cars.
It offers perfect possibilities for sport training and it is absolutely suitable for individual and family rest, for children groups and school groups. The pleasant climate and nature, the safe environment , the crystal airand altitude are favour for high- mountain climate therapy. The complex provides conditions for conducting school process.
It has been scientifically proved that the sport preparation and training of the athletes of Belmeken contributes to the improvement of their all-round fitness and sport performance. The food responds to the contemporary requirements and assures fast physical recuperation of the sportsmen.
Belmeken hotel has two-star category and it is composed from 3 bodies with indoor connection between them and sports halls. The hotel has available 275 beds in double and triple rooms and 6 luxury apartments. All rooms and apartments offer: separate bathroom, satellite television, central heating.
Hotel part 1
Three–storey solid building. It has available 44 double rooms and 3 apartments
Hotel part 2
Four–storey solid building. It has available 25 double and 6 triple rooms and 3 apartments.
Hotel part 3
Two–storey solid building. It has available 16 double and 16 triple rooms.
The hotel has a restaurant and coffee bar. Welcome to the modern restaurant with 170 seats and a coffee bar with 64 seats.
1. Football pitch - The size is 100 / 60 meters with open-air athletics clay track (without lightning). It is perfect for trainings of football teams and athletes. The distance of the track is standard - 400 meters with 5 corridors.
2. Biathlon shooting ranges - There are two rifle-ranges in the complex, used mainly for summer biathlon competitions and trainings. There are also running tracks and entrances for the ranges which are constructed by the official rules - 10 shooting corridors with 50 meters targets. There is no lightning.
Roller asphalt ground – 2200 m long and 3 meters wide and shooting range with10 shooting corridors.
З. Indoor rowing simulator - It has total area - 420 square meteres. It is also equiped with a rowing simulator for stationary training. It uses luminescent lightning. The whole simulator was entirely renovated in 2010.
4.Rowing centre located on the Belmeken dam - It has total area 2300 square meteres, include boat’s hangars, dressing rooms and toilettes. It was also renovated in 2010. It uses luminescent lightning and radiators.
5.Indoor sports hall 53/24/7.5 meters - The hall is excellent for volleyball, basketball, handball, athletics, rhythmic and aesthetic gymnastics, indoor football, indoor tennis and badminton. It uses luminescent lightning, parquet covering.
6. Wrestling hall 23/11/4 meters - It is suitable for judo, wrestling, sambo and the different kinds of fight sports. There are two new mats and a parquet covering . It uses luminescent lightning and air-conditioner with special system for refreshing the air.
7.Fitness Centre 22/11/4 meters - It is suitable for common physical trainings. It covers all the international requiries. There is a parquet floor with special rubber coverring. It is air-conditioned with special system for refreshing the air. All of the equipment is delivered by "Sybex International".
8. Boxing hall - 23/9,5/4 meters - It is suitable for judo, sambo and karate. It has two rings, wall risers, boxing bags, tatami. It uses air-conditioner with a fresh air system and mercury lamps
9. Area for general physical training of swimmers, rowers, biathlonists and other sportsmen. Equipped with simulators. There is a parquet floor, heating system and air-conditioner with fresh air system.
10. Weightlifting hall - 18/9.5/4 meters - It is suitable for general physical training as well as weghtlifting. It has seven podiums, four benches, seven pairs of "Eleiko" weight bars. There is a parquet covering with special rubber cover. The hall is built up to the international standards for weightlifting trainings. There is a luminscence lightning and air-conditioner with fresh air system.
11. Indoor swimming pool 25/12.5 meters with 5 corridors - The size of the hall is 30/18/5 meters. It is suitable for swimming trainings, water polo, synchronized swimming. There are all the necessary equipments for a professional training. In addition to the pool there are also: dressing rooms for men and women, showers, toilets, small pools for men and women - sized 2/3/1,5 meters.
The floor is made of piles, there is LED lightning and heating to the pool. There is also an air-conditioner and local heating for the additional rooms. The swimming pool is built up to the international standards FINA. HMSC Belmeken offers also:a medical centre, massage room, physiotherapy room with brand new equipment - dynatronic, bipulsator, HF therapy, ultrasound, room for underwater massage /tangentor/, sauna.
Organization of events: Training camps for National and Club teams in all sports; Mass sports events: mountain biking , mountain tourism, orientation, Individual and family rest; Green school camps and many others ;